PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
As a Parent or Guardian of a Child Participating in Wilton Little League Your responsibilities to your Child's Team are:
- Turn in Medical Form before your child begins participation in any organized Team activity -- before Team practices begin.
- Get your child to games and practice and pick them up on time.
- Fulfill all TEAM work responsibilities assigned to you, such as Scoring and especially staffing the CONCESSION STAND.
- Keep facilities Clean ---- use trash containers.
- Remember proper field conduct:
- Root for the Teams and acknowledge good plays by either team.
- Retrieve Foul Balls.
- Non-players must STAY OUT of Dugouts, Off Fields and Out of Buildings (without authorization).
- Abide by all WLL, Town of Wilton, and YMCA regulations.
- Booing and Negative Displays are never in order and should be discouraged in others.
- SHOW SUPPORT FOR THE CHILDREN WHILE THEY PLAY.
The promise that you can make:
- I/We hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my/our child participating in Wilton Little League by adhering to this Code of Conduct.
- To encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, managers, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other league activities.
- To place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- To insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- To support the manager, coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- To remember that the game is for the children - not for the adults.
- To do my very best to make WLL fun for my child.
- To ask my child to treat other players, managers, coaches, spectators and League Officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- To review with my child this WLL Code of Conduct and to encourage the positive aspect of the sport at all times